6. Attend to precision.
How are fourth and fifth grade teachers helping their students attend to precision?
How can students be helped to:
- communicate precisely to others
- use clear definitions in discussion with others and in their own reasoning
- state the meaning of the symbols they choose
- careful about specifying units of measure
- calculate accurately and efficiently
- give carefully formulated explanations to each other
What are you doing to help students develop this practice? What makes it hard? What challenges are you encountering?