Welcome to our Financial Education in the Math Classroom Blog! We at the Math Forum want to help create and aggregate useful resources for teachers that will help students see how important math is in understanding money, monetary decisions and money management. We recognize there is a big push for financial education in schools these days and a great deal of concern that students are leaving school lacking skills that are related to money. We also recognize that teachers need to have resources for their classrooms and for themselves, since in most teacher education programs there was was a minimal focus on teaching financial education to students. As we develop our resources, we want to include as much teacher feedback and advice as possible because we feel that teachers are the best judge of what will be useful for them in their classrooms.
What can you expect to see here?
- Relevant and recent articles on financial education topics
- Ideas for classroom activities and where they might fit into common math topics
- Links to Math Forum resources that might be of use
- Resources that seem useful from other people/sites/organizations
- And more…as it seems relevant
Thanks for visiting, hope to see you again soon.