7. Look for and make use of structure.
How are high school teachers helping their students look for and make use of structure?
How can students be helped to:
- look closely to discern a pattern or structure.
- notice that three and seven more is the same amount as seven and three more
- sort a collection of shapes according to how many sides the shapes have
- step back for an overview and shift perspective
What are you doing to help students develop this practice? What makes it hard? What challenges are you encountering?