Links and agenda for a workshop at Colonial School District, March 18 2014
- What do you know about the Math Forum?
- What’s a goal you have around problem-solving or communication?
- Anything else you’re looking/hoping for?
Three of my favorite open Math Forum resources:
- Ask Dr. Math: http://mathforum.org/dr.math
- Math Tools: http://mathforum.org/mathtools
- Teacher Exchange: http://mathforum.org/te
The Math Forum Problems of the Week (membership provided by Colonial School District)
- Finding good problems: http://mathforum.org/pows/
- Find the “Problems of the Week Library” tab
- Find the “Write Math: PoWs by Standard” tab
- Using the online submissions to collect student work and support student communication:
- Find “My PoW Work”
- Find “Manage My Purchase”
- Create Class
- Create Students
- Now what’s different about My PoW Work?
- Now what’s different about the PoWs you view?
- Tracking and responding to student work
- Each PoW has a “My Students’ Work” link
- My PoW Work as a Teacher also has ways to view students’ work
- I Notice, I Wonder responses