I think of myself as a middle school mathematics and computer teacher because from 1973 – 1977 and 1987 – 2000 that is what I did! I joined the Math Forum staff full time on June 26, 2000 and my first job title was Educational Resource and Service Developer. From January 1, 2008 through June 30, 2015 I was the Director of Professional Development. Since joining NCTM on July 13, 2015 my title is Senior Project Manager.
My work revolves around:
* Pre-Algebra Problems of the Week – http://mathforum.org/pows/
* Math Fundamentals Problems of the Week - http://mathforum.org/pows/
* Primary Problems of the Week - http://mathforum.org/pows/
* Professional Development online / onsite offerings – http://mathforum.org/pd/
* EnCoMPASS – http://mathforum.org/encompass/
* Math Tools – http://mathforum.org/mathtools/
* Teacher2Teacher – http://mathforum.org/t2t/
* Teacher Exchange – http://mathforum.org/te/
* Blogs: Suzanne at the Math Forum (this blog!) and also Elementary Mathematical Practices, Middle School Mathematical Practices, High School Mathematical Practices (also linked from the right sidebar of this page)
* Twitter: @sumaczanne – https://twitter.com/SuMACzanne
And quite a few other things but that will give you a little idea. I’m very interested in helping students and teachers approach problem solving as a process. The goal is not to be over and done. The goal is to think, express, reflect, and revise.