Back to Forum Workshops Page
Geometry Forum ces95 Participants
We have a great bunch of people gathered here at Swarthmore College, all part of the Coalition of Essential Schools.
- Kids Doing Proofs
Letting kids know that people all over the world do and enjoy proofs. Students can interact with one another, submitting proofs and answers. They can also search for historical information about mathematicians.
- Interdisciplinary Materials
A project site packed full of information and links: a collection of Internet materials for anyone planning an interdisciplinary lesson. There are links to actual lesson plans and a partial list of Internet reading and resources for planning interdisciplinary seminars.
- The Math Lesson Plan Page
A method of submitting and accessing new math lesson plans, with links to archived lesson plans. Includes a short survey for statistical purposes.
- Holiday Math
A fun-filled and informative site providing ideas for classroom activities relating to certain holidays.
- Scavenger Hunt
An opportunity to test your Net searching and general prowess. Not entirely devoted to mathematics.
To give you a general idea of what we do at a week-long, introductory workshop.
This week's work included some of the following featured speakers and special activities:
This Institute is being co-sponsored by the Geometry Forum, a National Science Foundation funded program at Swarthmore College in PA, and the Coalition of Essential Schools. The Geometry Forum is a computerized network linking "geometers" and classrooms around the world through the power of the Internet. This electronic community enables teachers and students to exchange ideas and resources and to access geometers and math educators nationally.
- Sharing and developing teaching strategies for rich, constructivist-oriented learning experiences that take advantage of the latest on-line technology and implement the NCTM standards.
- Creating a resource network of teachers for the exchange of curriculum materials and ideas, programs and files.
- Linking teachers and students with geometry experts from around the world.
- Developing special geometry network projects and essential questions.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help