BACK TO CONTENTS

by Stacey Bearden

February, 2000

Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 20:07:27 -0500 (EST)
From: Stacey Bearden  stacey@mathforum.org
To: All Dr. Math Doctors
Subject: Dr. Math in February

Greeting, math docs, and welcome to March.  February was a short month,
so let's see what we have:

Stats for February:
===========================
9719 -- incoming questions
2017 -- answered questions
20.8% -- percent answered
===========================

So we're doing well, with 400 more questions answered than last month.
Let's keep up that trend.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Congratulations to Dr. Aileen for achieving tenure this month, and
Welcome to Dr. TLJ, our new doc for February!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Now some news from our archivists:
===============+++++=========+=========+++++===============

We have a new Dr. Math FAQ on Pythagorean triples,  by
Dr. Rob, answering the questions: What are Pythagorean triples?
What do they have to do with Fermat's Last Theorem? See:

http://mathforum.org/dr.math/faq/faq.pythag.triples.html

And 90 new question-&-answer entries were added to the
Dr. Math archives during January/February of 2000.

===============+++++=========+=========+++++===============

Also newsworthy -- have you checked out the Dr. Math talk area
recently?  If you have, then you probably already know that Dave
Peterson (aka Dr. Peterson) was on NPR talking about Dr. Math.
To find out more, visit the discussion area.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And now, to wrap it all up, a few thank you notes to us all:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For everybody:
It is great you exist. Thank you for your service on behalf of all yer
customers!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For somebody:
Thank you so much for helping me with my math!!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A nice note to Dr. Jerry and all of us, even though he neglects those of
us who are female! ...

Doctor Jerry et al.:
Gentlemen: I am impressed - you work over weekends and Federally
proclaimed holidays !!!!  Unheard of in the local pedagoguery..... but
very much appreciated. THANKS.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For Dr Aileen:
Thanks for such a fast reply.  I got it after going into that first
forum you led me to.
Thanks, Kenny

For more thank yous, take a look through triage, or try doing a search.

I hope everyone has a wonderful month of March.  Enjoy the coming of
springtime!

Dr. Stacey
Doctor Math Administrator
The Math Forum