BACK TO CONTENTS

by Stacey Bearden

January, 2000

Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:59:34 -0500 (EST)
From: Stacey Bearden  stacey@mathforum.org
To: All Dr. Math Doctors
Subject: Dr. Math in January

Greetings, math doctors, and Happy February!  I'm already a bit late with
this issue, so I'll just start right off...

January Stats:
===========================
9175 -- incoming questions
1610 -- answered questions
17.5% -- percent answered
===========================

The percentage may be down, but that's over 150 more questions answered
than last month.  Keep up the awesome work, docs!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Congratulations to Dr. TWE, who achieved tenure this month.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Last month, you may remember that I introduced a Dr. Math discussion
area for docs. Big thank you's to Jay, who crafted this area for us.

Well, as you might have noticed, the talk area is now linked to the
Dr. Office pages, so you can easily get to it from Triage, Post-Op,
etc. Thank you, Sarah.

As of right now, seven docs have posted - Drs. Schwa, Douglas, Melissa,
Floor, Aileen, Peterson, and myself. Anyone else want to give it a go?

===============+++++=========+=========+++++===============

In other news, you might remember a survey regarding thank-you notes.
About 34 docs responded. There was no consensus, but it did seem that
many of you who receive thank-you notes find them on your own. In
the future, we intend to implement a system that will allow each
individual doc easy access to all of his/her follow-ups and thank-you
notes. Until then, it will not be routine practice for the administrators
to email them out, since this takes a lot of time and effort better
spent in other areas.  If you are looking for your notes, you may want
to do a Doctor's Office search on your own name.  Thank you, everyone
who responded!

Archivists' Corner:  In addition to new archives, we now have two new
FAQ's - Dividing Fractions, and Word Problems.

Well, that's it for this month.  Happy Dr. Math-ing!

Dr. Stacey
Doctor Math Administrator
The Math Forum
BACK TO CONTENTS