BACK TO CONTENTS

by Stacey Bearden

October/November, 1999

Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 15:25:31 -0500 (EST)
From: Stacey Bearden  stacey@mathforum.org
To: All Dr. Math Doctors
Subject: Dr. Math in October/November

Greetings, math doctors!  This dual newsletter will be a bit more brief
and general than usual.  First things first -- the stats:

October:
===========================
9790 -- incoming threads
1866 -- post-op threads
 19% -- percent in post-op
===========================

November:
===========================
8684 -- incoming threads
1676 -- post-op threads
 19% -- percent in post-op
===========================

You may notice that my wording is slightly different from the usual.
That is because those are the exact numbers; unlike as in most months,
the administrators were not able to clean triage as thoroughly as
usual, so bad-address messages and thank you notes haven't all been
accounted for.  An estimate of the accurate stats follows:

October...
===========================
9400 -- incoming questions
2200 -- answered questions
 23% -- percent answered
===========================

November...
===========================
8675 -- incoming questions
2025 -- answered questions
 23% -- percent answered
===========================

We hope that's more accurate, but please keep in mind that it's an
estimate.

Now... congratulations to our newly tenured docs for October and November:

Dr. Hans
Dr. Roya
Dr. Douglas

And now for a few thank you notes that were sent to dr.math-admin:

***************************

Thanks so much for helping me solve my problem!  You guys are great,
keep up the good work!

***************************

I think it is nice how you explain to people how to do math problems that
they don't know how to do because parents really never learned it well.
I just wanted to say thanks a lot.  Bye.

***************************
I am a full time single father with two little girls eleven and four.
It has been many years since I learned or practiced sixth grade math so
when I am aproached by my eleven year old about math homework I can't
always help. I stumbled upon your website by accident and would just like
to say THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I have found the answers to all of
her questions (so far) on this web site. You are making raising my children
easier and for that I can not thank you enough. Now if I could only find
a website that would help me talk to her about boys.

I'm sorry, but this month I won't be sending out the individual thank you
notes to everyone.  Please scan triage for yours.

That's it for the Oct/Nov newsletter.  I hope everyone has a happy winter
solstice.

Dr. Stacey
Doctor Math Administrator
The Math Forum