Main CIGS Page || Teachers' Place || K-12 or College Geometry || Math Software
What is the Corner for Interactive Geometry Software (CIGS)?The Corner for Interactive Geometry Software is devoted to the support of teaching with geometry software, especially dynamic, interactive software such as Cabri Geometry and The Geometer's Sketchpad.
Ever since its inception as the Geometry Forum, the Math Forum has been a place on the Internet to look for information about geometry software. In addition, the newsgroups on the Forum provide a good place to discuss geometry.
We plan an expanded collection of information in a form useful for teachers. In part, this means:
- A regular source for instructional activities and lessons that can be read on the Web or downloaded.
- Conversations about interactive geometry software in the classroom.
- A place to send questions about using geometry software.
- A central location for links to sources for dynamic software for geometry.
CIGS will seek out and actively solicit interesting geometry software materials and help make them available on the Web.
What can you do here now?
- Check out what we have and give us feedback.
- Watch us grow! Come back often to see what's new.
- Submit your own classroom material.
- Send requests and comments via e-mail or the Web.
Who is coordinating the Corner?
The corner is coordinated by Jim King, with the assistence of Asa Packer, both at the University of Washington, and the staff of the Math Forum.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help