Math Educ & Learning Theory
Proportional Reasoning & Games?
Flash Intro Project
Flash Math Project
Post Mortem 1
Final Math Project
Math & Learning Theory
topics for Final Project
Educational Game Design EDUC475, DGIM465, and CS480
Ever since the dawn of the video- and computer-game era people have thought that the power of the games medium could be harnessed to the goals of education. In this course students from computer science, digital media, and education will work in teams to develop and evaluate simple educational games, called gamelets, for learning mathematics in grades 5 through 9.
What you will do:
- Work in teams comprised of students from computer science, digital media, and education
- Collaborate with targeted grade level teachers and their students
- Engage in cognitive task analysis to determine knowledge and skills necessary for interactive engagement among students
- Create web-based instructional video games
What you will get:
- An educational technology product that can be used directly in a classroom
- An enhanced understanding of technology and its educational applications
- A fun, interactive experience collaborating with a variety of people with a variety of expertise
- An opportunity to have your educational game cataloged in the Math Tools digital library and featured on the Math Forum @ Drexel website.
Questions/comments, please contact Suzanne Alejandre.
© 1994-2014 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.