My CyberChase Summer
Each week, from June 5 through the end of August, the site will supplement episodes broadcast on public television with online activities for home, the park, on trips or wherever kids are.
The Parents & Teachers pages include:
- Cyberchase Episodes
- Explore the math adventures of the 13 featured episodes
- Party Kit
- Celebrate summer with a new party kit
- Play Math All Summer Long
- Read tips to keep kids' math skills sharp
- For Kids
- Download printable summer activities
Winning Entries - Tess Contest 2006
The results of this year's Tess Contest sponsored by
Pedagoguery Software are now available for viewing. Students
can get inspired by looking at this year's entries and start
working on contest submissions for next year!
Download Tess, shareware that can be used to create symmetric
Investigate Japanese Elementary Mathematics Textbooks
Global Education Resources (GER) announces an opportunity to learn more about the recently translated Japanese elementary mathematics textbooks (grades 1 to 6) with the textbook authors. The event will take place August 24 - 26, 2006 in Chicago.
This is an opportunity for educators, researchers, lesson study practitioners, and professional development providers to explore and learn the characteristics and content of a textbook that is focused, coherent, and rigorous, as highlighted in the TIMSS.
The workshop will be led by the textbook authors, as well as textbook and lesson study experts from Japan and the U.S.
- Prof. Takashi Nakamura
- Yamanashi University, Yamanashi, Japan
- Mr. Kazuyuki Shirai
- Nerima Ward Hikarigaoka No.2 Elementary School, Tokyo, Japan
- Prof. Teruhiko Tabata
- Miyagi University of Education, Miyagi, Japan
- Dr. Akihiko Takahashi
- DePaul University, Chicago, IL
- Dr. Tad Watanabe
- Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA
- Dr. Makoto Yoshida
- Global Education Resources, Madison, NJ
Details about the workshop, as well as registration information, can be found on GER's website.