October 2000 - December 2000
- In the Dark with an Elephant - posted October 2, 2000
Explore how the graph of a function can look different, depending
how you set the domain and range of the graph window.
- The Hispaniola Water Shortage - posted October 16, 2000
Using two measuring cups of a particular size, figure out how to
measure out other quantities.
- Galactic Exchange - posted November 6, 2000
Find the galactic exchange rate -- given the prices of certain items
and some coin and change combinations, figure out the relation of each
coin to the others.
- Marathon Graphing - posted December 18, 2000
Predict the speed of marathon runners this year based on previous
- Scale 'n Pop - posted December 4, 2000
Scale the size of a hot air balloon so you can make it fit through a
narrow passage and hit a nail to pop it!