January 2001 - May 2001
- Rumors - posted January 2, 2001
What will the graph of a real-world situation (spreading a rumor) look
like as compared to a controlled situation (only one person spreading
- Search and Rescue Paths - posted January 14, 2001
Learn how to navigate a helicopter.
- Search and Rescue: Part II - posted January 29, 2001
Figure out the ideal location of a helicopter base using
learning in pilot training school.
- Fish Farm I - posted March 5, 2001
Students play with fish in three different ponds to explore equivalent
- Fish Farm II - posted March 19, 2001
Students sample fish to determine the male-female ratio.
- Fractris - posted April 2, 2001
Play with fractions in a Tetris-like environment.
- Mosaic - posted April 16, 2001
Play with fractions in a Tetris-like mosaic environment.
- Marabyn - posted May 20, 2001
Simulating relative speeds, graphing them, and using the distance
formula to generalize.
- Polyrhythms - posted May 21, 2001
Use music to learn about fractions, ratios, and lowest common