Solutions should consist of three things: what you found, the URL where you found it, and how you found that page. It should look something like this:
Q. What can you find about the software program QuasiTiler?
- QuasiTiler draws Penrose tilings and their generalizations. It is a program which is available from the Geometry Center.
- I searched the Math Forum web site for quasitiler, and it returned a link to the Gallery of Interactive Geometry (the URL is http://www.geom.umn.edu/apps/gallery.html), and a link for QuasiTiler was the first thing on that page.
- Which two well-known mathematicians were born on April 15?
- With what area of mathematics did Florence Nightingale work?
- Find a working abacus.
- Where and when is the 1997 NCTM National Meeting?
- What is the "Fractal Journey-of-the-Month"?
- Who said, "The different branches of Arithmetic - Ambition, Distraction, Uglification, and Derision"?
- Who wrote the book "Visions of Symmetry"?
I don't know if you can find the answer on the web or not, but it might keep some of you Hunt heavyweights busy for a little while!
- What's the Steiner point of a triangle?
- What are your chances of winning at craps? At roulette?
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help