Solutions should consist of three things: what you found, the URL where you found it, and how you found that page. It should look something like this:
Q. What can you find about the software program QuasiTiler?
- QuasiTiler draws Penrose tilings and their generalizations. It is a program which is available from the Geometry Center.
- I searched the Math Forum web site for quasitiler, and it returned a link to the Gallery of Interactive Geometry (the URL is http://www.geom.umn.edu/apps/gallery.html), and a link for QuasiTiler was the first thing on that page.
This is an introductory hunt, and is designed to help you gain familiarity with the Math Forum's Web site and its search utility, as well as with resources you might use in future hunts. All questions are rated "Novice".
- Who runs the Elementary Problem of the Week?
- Who won the Math Forum's November Project of the Month?
- What is MAW? When is it?
- What is "The Math Forum Internet News"?
- There is a History of Mathematics site somewhere in the United Kingdom. What university hosts it, and where in the UK is it exactly?
I don't know if you can find the answer on the web or not, but it might keep some of you Hunt heavyweights busy for a little while!
- What's the Steiner point of a triangle?
- What are your chances of winning at craps? At roulette?
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help