Solutions should consist of three things: what you found, the URL where you found it, and how you found that page. It should look something like this:
Q. What can you find about the software program QuasiTiler?
- QuasiTiler draws Penrose tilings and their generalizations. It is a program which is available from the Geometry Center.
- I searched the Math Forum web site for quasitiler, and it returned a link to the Gallery of Interactive Geometry (the URL is http://www.geom.umn.edu/apps/gallery.html), and a link for QuasiTiler was the first thing on that page.
- Which mathematician, born on May 11, was awarded the Nobel Prize in 1965?
- What is CLIME?
- Who's the current President of the MAA? (What's the MAA?)
- Who wrote the book "Writing to Learn Mathematics"?
- Last year Ryan Morgan discovered a theorem using Sketchpad. What was the theorem?
- The soccer ball is really an Archimedean Solid. What's the name of that solid?
I don't know if you can find the answer on the web or not, but it might keep some of you Hunt heavyweights busy for a little while!
- What are your chances of winning at craps? At roulette?
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help