The Math Forum

Topic: Do You Want a Gulen Turkish Charter to Compete with Your Public Schools?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Mar 14, 2017 4:47 PM

Gary Tupper

Re: Do You Want a Gulen Turkish Charter to Compete with Your Public Schools?
att1.html (1.9 K)

Suppose for some strange reason, one wished to destabilize society. How
might that be best accomplished?
First, downgrade the public school system by consistently critisizing it,
and starve it for funds. This would incentivize the establishment of
alternate institutions - lauded for the property of "choice". These
alternates would be defined by race, culture, religion and status.
So, rather than a shared public school experience which enables societal
cohesion, we would hive off children into enclaves where they would have
their "we vs them" attitudes reinforced.
The next stage might be to establish post sec institutions along the same
exclusive lines.

To quote a line from a Kris Kristopherson tune: "Everyone needs someone to
look down on."

And happy pi day to all - I'm old enough to remember when it was on 22nd of
July!

Gary Tupper, north of the 49th.

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 7:35 PM Kirby Urner <urner@alumni.princeton.edu>
wrote:

> Don't worry, if you've had the standard so-called "public" education, that
> "Rome stuff" won't mean a thing.

> Kirby
>

> --

Offense can never be given; it can only be taken