The Math Forum

Topic: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Replies: 46   Last Post: Sep 24, 2017 8:28 AM

Markus Klyver

Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases

Den fredag 22 september 2017 kl. 01:05:30 UTC+2 skrev mitchr...@gmail.com:
> On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 3:19:34 PM UTC-7, Markus Klyver wrote:

> > > You cannot see that decimal requires 0 after 9.., to make 10?

> > I don't even know what you mean by that statement. What do you mean by "make 10"? Please clarify.

> count from 9 to 10... you must set up the base by the 0 to go from
> 9 to 10. The end quantity number is 9 then a zero is required to
> to the next represented quantity. In this case the base is decimal.
>
> There is a problem if you cannot see this.

What I *think* you are saying is that we use 0 to distinguish 5 from 50 in our radix system. This is true, but I don't see how this is related to bases of vector spaces.

Date Subject Author
9/21/17
Read 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
mitchrae3323@gmail.com
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Markus Klyver
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
mitchrae3323@gmail.com
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Markus Klyver
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
mitchrae3323@gmail.com
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Markus Klyver
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
FromTheRafters
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
FromTheRafters
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Dan Christensen
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Dan Christensen
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Peter Percival
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
FredJeffries@gmail.com
9/24/17
[...]
Bill
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
zelos.malum@gmail.com
9/22/17