The Math Forum

Topic: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Replies: 46   Last Post: Sep 24, 2017 8:28 AM

FromTheRafters

Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases

on 9/22/2017, Conway supposed :
> On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 9:48:42 PM UTC-5, Dan Christensen wrote:

>>> Mmmh....I suppose I can agree with you here....actually I have talked to
>>> many Phd's in this matter.....they have said about as much.....I however do
>>> believe that it's broke....

>> Yes, all those cars exploding, planes crashing and boats sinking because
>> scientists and engineers simply don't understand that "0(as space) = 1 (as
>> space)."
>>

>> Dan
>>
>> Download my DC Proof 2.0 software at http://www.dcproof.com
>> Visit my Math Blog at http://www.dcproof.wordpress.com

> Dan...
>
> There was a time we thought the world was flat....boats did not sink....cars
> did not explode(horse carriages)...lol.....but the knowledge still proved
> useful....case in point if division by zero is allowed the following
> "semantical" mathematical sentence make sense....
>

> I have 1 dollar...I divide it by 0 dollars...I still have one dollar......not
> an undefined....among other benefits....

Money for nothing, and chicks for free. Your mathematics is in dire
straights my friend. :)

Date Subject Author
9/21/17
Read 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
mitchrae3323@gmail.com
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Markus Klyver
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
mitchrae3323@gmail.com
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Markus Klyver
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
mitchrae3323@gmail.com
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Markus Klyver
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
FromTheRafters
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
FromTheRafters
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Dan Christensen
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Dan Christensen
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Peter Percival
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
FredJeffries@gmail.com
9/24/17
[...]
Bill
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
zelos.malum@gmail.com
9/22/17