The Math Forum

Topic: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Replies: 46   Last Post: Sep 24, 2017 8:28 AM

Peter Percival

Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases

Conway wrote:

> I have 1 dollar...I divide it by 0 dollars...I still have one
> dollar......not an undefined....among other benefits....

How do you divide 1 dollar by any number of dollars (zero or not)? And
if it can be done, the answer should be dimensionless or a bare number.
(I'm using the word "dimension" is the sense of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimensional_analysis.)

to me what you really mean.

Date Subject Author
9/21/17
Read 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
mitchrae3323@gmail.com
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Markus Klyver
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
mitchrae3323@gmail.com
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Markus Klyver
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
mitchrae3323@gmail.com
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Markus Klyver
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
FromTheRafters
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
FromTheRafters
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/21/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Dan Christensen
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Dan Christensen
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Peter Percival
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
FredJeffries@gmail.com
9/24/17
[...]
Bill
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
Conway
9/22/17
Read Re: 0 The Empty Number; its purpose is to set bases
zelos.malum@gmail.com
9/22/17