The Math Forum

Topic: 3)Stanford's entire math dept. fired//unable to confirm that oval is
conic not ellipse//as insane in math as Jan Bielawski

Replies: 12   Last Post: Oct 3, 2017 6:16 AM

plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com

4)Stanford's entire math dept. fired//easily see why Jan Bielawski
was bounced out of California school

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 12:26:33 AM UTC-5, Jan wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 26, 2017 at 9:41:36 PM UTC-7, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> > 3)Stanford's entire math dept. fired//unable to confirm that oval is conic not ellipse//as insane in math as Jan Bielawski
>
> Yeah yeah, that's all you can do: scream at other people whenever they simply ask you
> to back up what you say.
>
> Meanwhile, here is a proof that ellipse is a conic:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandelin_spheres#Proof_that_the_curve_has_constant_sum_of_distances_to_foci
>
> And you cannot, and will not, do ANYTHING about it.
>
> --
> Jan

Major axis coincide with Major diameter Re: _Symmetry proof that conic is Oval, never ellipse// Plus PROOF that Oval is Conic, never ellipse

Now the above two proofs by me are what is called SYNTHETIC GEOMETRY proofs, that is, need no numbers, just some concepts and axioms.

But then, let me try to reconcile that proof with the proof given earlier, where I said that the Major axis and Minor axis of a ellipse from a cylinder which has inside it a Conic with the same Section cut, and where we have Major diameter and Minor diameter of oval.

      ,'"   "`.
   /            \
C |             | D
 \               /
    ` . ___ .'

             __
      .-'              `-.
    .'                    `.
  /                         \
 ;                           ;
| G                         | H
 ;                           ;
  \                         /
   `.                     .'
      `-.    _____  .-'
So we have the Major Axis EF and Minor Axis GH of Ellipse EFGH and the Major Diameter AB and Minor Diameter CD of Oval ABCD

And the question arises, how am I sure the EF coincides with AB.

Leave that for tomorrow.

AP

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 04:12:15 -0700 (PDT)

Subject: Major axis coincide with Major diameter Re: _Symmetry proof that
conic is Oval, never ellipse// Plus PROOF that Oval is Conic, never ellipse
From: Archimedes Plutonium <plutonium....@gmail.com>

Major axis coincide with Major diameter Re: _Symmetry proof that conic is Oval, never ellipse// Plus PROOF that Oval is Conic, never ellipse

Alright, so, how do we know AB lies on line EF? We know they are in the same plane but need to prove the Major Diameter of oval lies on the Major Axis of ellipse.

The easiest way to do that is realize the plumbline of cone passes through the major axis and is the center of the ellipse. But that plumbline also falls on AB.

AP

Newsgroups: sci.math
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 05:23:20 -0700 (PDT)

conic is Oval, never ellipse// Plus PROOF that Oval is Conic, never ellipse
From: Archimedes Plutonium <plutonium....@gmail.com>

Re: Major axis coincide with Major diameter Re: _Symmetry proof that conic is Oval, never ellipse// Plus PROOF that Oval is Conic, never ellipse

On Thursday, September 28, 2017 at 7:07:58 AM UTC-5, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> Alright, so, i have one point in common with AB and EF. One point is not enough to say AB lies on EF. I need a second point. Hopefully by tomorrow i have it.
>
> AP

Yes, indeed, just before heading to bed, I realized this second point. It is the Oval Center, and is different from the Ellipse center of the cylinder, for the ellipse center is the same as the cylinder axis and cone axis, those two identical. As you tilt the circle at a cone oval to compose the oval, the center of that oval moves upward towards the apex, if the tilt of circle is small, then the migration upwards along AB towards A is a small migration. But, imagine a angle of tilt-- of a cut as say 50 degrees, then the tilt of the circle composing the oval is vastly tilted and the Plumbline then migrates upward closer to the apex and along the longest line of the oval, line AB, but, this Oval center is still on line EF also.

AP

Date Subject Author
9/27/17
Read 3)Stanford's entire math dept. fired//unable to confirm that oval is
conic not ellipse//as insane in math as Jan Bielawski
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/27/17
Read Re: 3)Stanford's entire math dept. fired//unable to confirm that oval
is conic not ellipse//as insane in math as Jan Bielawski
Jan Bielawski
9/28/17
Read 4)Stanford's entire math dept. fired//easily see why Jan Bielawski
was bounced out of California school
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/28/17
Read Re: 4)Stanford's entire math dept. not fired//easily see why Archimedes Plutonium was bounced out of school
Michael Moroney
9/28/17
Read 5)Stanford's entire math dept. fired//Moroney thinks MIT is agreeing
with him--ellipse is conic
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
9/28/17
Read Re: 5)Stanford's entire math dept. fired//Moroney thinks MIT is
agreeing with him--ellipse is conic
Jan Bielawski
9/29/17
Read Re: Math Failure Archimedes Plutonium Succeeds at something -- Failing!!!
Michael Moroney
10/2/17
Read Stanford math dept as dumb as Mike Moroney in math??// Conic section
is OVAL, never ellipse
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/2/17
Read Re: Stanford math dept as dumb as Mike Moroney in math??// Conic
section is OVAL, never ellipse
Me
10/3/17
Read Re: Stanford math dept as dumb as Mike Moroney in math??// Conic
section is OVAL, never ellipse
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/3/17
Read Re: Stanford math dept as dumb as Mike Moroney in math??// Conic
section is OVAL, never ellipse
Me
10/2/17
Read Re: Failure Plutonium's College Guessing Game - Failure #5, Stanford!!!
Michael Moroney
10/3/17