The Math Forum

Topic: A more stupid Italian mythmatician exists? Peano was a moron of
galactic proportions.

Replies: 10   Last Post: Oct 3, 2017 12:36 PM

Dan Christensen

Re: John "Troll Boy" Gabriel is a moron of galactic proportions.

On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 8:28:13 AM UTC-4, John Gabriel wrote:
> He also thought of his ridiculous set theoretic construction of natural numbers. I can't think of anything more illogical and absurd given that his ordinals ASSUME the prior existence of natural numbers:
>
> 0 = {}
> 1 = { {} }
> 2 = { {}, { {} } }
> 3 = { {}, { {} }, { {} , { {} } } }

So, we have

0 = {}
1 = {0}
2 = {0, 1}
3 = {0, 1, 2}
4 = {0, 1, 2, 3}

and so on.

Not unreasonable, but I prefer simply starting out by defining N, S and 0 such that:

1. 0 in N
2. S: N --> N
3. S is injective
4. For all x in N: S(x)=/=0
5. For all subsets P of N: [0 in P & For all x in P: S(x) in P => P=N]

Using set theory and the rules of logic, most, if not all of modern number theory can be derived from these, what amount to the five essential properties of the natural numbers.

Using his goofy number system where axioms and the rules of logic have actually been banned (they cramp his style), Troll Boy here cannot even derive the most elementary results of basic arithmetic, not even 2+2=4.

As for being a moron of "galactic proportions," he once wrote here:

?I am the Creator of this galaxy.?
-- March 19, 2015

?I am the last word on everything.?
-- May 6, 2015