The Math Forum

Topic: It is a very bad idea and nothing less than stupid to define 1/3
= 0.333...

Replies: 31   Last Post: Oct 3, 2017 3:02 AM

netzweltler

From: Germany
= 0.333...

Am Samstag, 30. September 2017 23:14:36 UTC+2 schrieb mitchr...@gmail.com:

> .9 repeating and One share a sameness. They are quantities
> that are different by the infinitely small.
> .9 repeating is a transcendental One; the First quantity
> below one. The infinitely small difference means a shared
> sameness that is still not absolutely same.
>
> Mitchell Raemsch

If there is a quantity between 0.999... and 1 and, therefore, these are two different points on the number line then you should define the distance between these two points. If you don't, then your first quantity is simply undefined.

'infinitely small' is not a definition. There are no two distinct points on the number line 'infinite(simal)ly' far away from each other.

Date Subject Author
= 0.333...
mitchrae3323@gmail.com
= 0.333...