The Math Forum

Topic: It is a very bad idea and nothing less than stupid to deny that
1/3 = 0.333...

Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 1, 2017 11:29 PM

Dan Christensen

Re: It is a very bad idea and nothing less than stupid to deny that
1/3 = 0.333...

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 4:02:07 PM UTC-4, John Gabriel wrote:
> On Sunday, 12 February 2017 07:14:11 UTC-6, John Gabriel wrote:
> > S = Lim S in this case, contradicts the fact that 1/3 has no representation in base 10.
> >
> > However, it also leads to even more absurd definitions, that is, pi=3.14159... when in fact it is known that pi has NO measure.
> >

> > Your comments are unwelcome shit and will be ignored.
> >
> > This is posted on this newsgroup in the interests of public education and to eradicate ignorance and stupidity from mainstream mythmatics.

> S = Lim S
> STOPS RIGHT HERE AND NOW. It is the Eulerian Blunder and has no place in rational thought, never mind mathematics.

You mean that was YOUR blunder, Troll Boy. As even you were recently forced to concede when confronted with the evidence, "Of course he [Euler] did not write 'Lim S'... He did not talk about S." (May 27, 2017)

With any sane person, that would be the end of it, but not with a psycho troll like you!

Download my DC Proof 2.0 software at
Visit my Math Blog at