The Math Forum

Topic: Why is there a difference between fractions 1/3 and .333
repeating multiplied by 3

Replies: 1   Last Post: Oct 2, 2017 6:34 AM

zelos.malum@gmail.com

Re: Why is there a difference between fractions 1/3 and .333
repeating multiplied by 3

Den måndag 2 oktober 2017 kl. 09:12:19 UTC+2 skrev John Gabriel:
> On Monday, 2 October 2017 00:34:01 UTC-5, Zelos Malum wrote:
> > Den måndag 2 oktober 2017 kl. 05:47:25 UTC+2 skrev mitchr...@gmail.com:
> > > Multiply by three 1/3 takes you to One and .333 repeating takes you to .999 repeating. Why would they create an infinitely small quantity difference?
> > >
> > > Mitchell Raemsch

> > Becuase they don't, you assume that 0.(9) and 1are distinct, but they are equal

> No moron. There is no assumption anywhere, only a definition that 0.9... and 1 are equal, that is, S = Lim S.
>
> 0.999... is a junk concept like most of the rot in your brain.

It is just fine, you are just too stupid to understand it. You should take a course. A 55 year old spending his last years of his life being a crank doing nothing of any value, what a waste you are.

While we others try to contribute to humanity, you just seek to jerk off your ego because you are a small insignificant pathetic human.