The Math Forum

Topic: Re: It is a very bad idea and nothing less than stupid to define 1/3
= 0.333...

Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 2, 2017 8:32 PM

bursejan@gmail.com

= 0.333...

Hilbert was more positive about Netzweilers:

During 1900, in an address to the International Congress of Mathematicians in Paris, Hilbert suggested that answers to problems of mathematics are possible with human effort. He declared, "In mathematics there is no ignorabimus.",[2] and he worked with other formalists to establish foundations for mathematics during the early 20th century.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoramus_et_ignorabimus