The Math Forum

Topic: When has countability been separted from listability?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 5, 2017 6:46 AM

bursejan@gmail.com

Re: When has countability been separted from listability?

Since the constructible numbers are algebraic numbers,
with polynomial degree 2^n, they are of course enumerable.

Diagnolization does not work for constructible numbers.
What bit do you want to toggle to get a new number?

This is complete nonsense, to apply diagnoal argument
to contructible numbers, you cannot apply it to:
- rational numbers
- algebraic numbers

And you cannot apply it to:
- constructible numbers

You would need to have an inverse mapping from an infinite
path, to such a number. But there is no such inverse mapping.

Cantors proof hinges on the fact, that the diagonal is an
element again. You do not have such bits for the numbers above.

You me that bit that is toggled, and I retract my claim...