The Math Forum

Topic: When has countability been separted from listability?
Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 5, 2017 6:46 AM

bursejan@gmail.com

Re: When has countability been separted from listability?

Anyway there is no rejoicing that constructible
numbers are enumerable. It still doesn't help
you (directly) to solve equations.

Assume you have an equation:

P(x) = 0

What do you want to do? Enumrate the constructible
numbers x1,x2,... and try them on P(x)=0? Ok if there
is a constructible solution you will find it.

But if there is none, how long will you wait? Thats
why Geometry Theorem proving is not that simple.
You would need something more complete.

Can you factor polynomials, decide it negatively?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factorization_of_polynomials