The Math Forum

Topic: Irrefutable proofs that both Dedekind and Cauchy did not produce
any valid construction of the mythical "real" number

Replies: 5   Last Post: Oct 4, 2017 10:43 AM

bursejan@gmail.com

Re: Irrefutable proofs that both Dedekind and Cauchy did not produce
any valid construction of the mythical "real" number

You must have misunderstood the idea of a cut,
no limit involved, only predication.

So when you write and begin with:
So that the cut can be written as: [Sn,Ln]

This is already nonsense, these are just
some monoton increasing and monoton decreasing

sequences. Then when you write:
lim n->oo [Sn,Ln] = k (I guess you mean [k,k])

Then you have exactly destroyed the idea
of a cut. Remember what Markus Klyver told you
3 trillion times? Q-series need not have a limit
in Q. So what is this k? How do you want to make

a Q-cut? On the same reason the following is
not a Q-cut, where do you take pi from?

(-oo,pi) [pi,oo)

Further your attempt of doing something with
e is also complete nonsense. If you would

think harder, you would find a Q-cut for e.