The Math Forum

Topic: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped

Replies: 27   Last Post: Oct 8, 2017 12:41 AM

qbwrfmlx@gmail.com

Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from

On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 1:11:12 PM UTC-7, Dan Christensen wrote:
> On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at 12:38:55 PM UTC-4, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
> > Alright, if our knife in Conic and Cylinder...
>
> Archie, for $52.49, you can save yourself all this embarrassment. Order the "Conic Sections Model" made of transparent plastic. See for yourself -- no knives or scissors required -- that at an ellipse is indeed a conic section.
>
> http://www.eaieducation.com/Product/520610/Conic_Sections_Model.aspx
>
> If you can't afford it, maybe we can take up a collection for you.
>

> Dan

I have seriously considered buying and mailing a model to Archie.

It seems essential that the model be very precisely made.
It seems essential that the eccentricity of the model be almost 1.
It seems essential that the intersection be able to be removed, flipped
in all four possible orientations and replaced to see it is an exact fit.

If any of those were not the case then I'm certain that Archie
would dream up some tortured convolution to claim that this doesn't
disprove his delusion and in fact it actually proves he is correct.

It would be cute if there were two spheres of just the right size were included.

I have not found a model online available for purchase that I thought
would be sufficiently overwhelmingly convincing. I have looked at
making such a model by hand and I don't think it would be precise enough.

Way back soon after he started screeching his oval nonsense I told him
that he should go to a machine shop and have them produce a really
precise model out of steel that would definitely settle this question.

He didn't do that, just like he doesn't do anything else that might
refute his mental illness. He refuses, for example, to look at web
pages that people point out to him which would refute his illness,
because he claims to be frightened of malware, but at the same
time he is happy to go to web pages and scrape the lists of names of
false foggy fools who won't teach his mental illness to the world.

If anyone can find a sufficiently overwhelmingly convincing model
available for purchase then I would chip in for the price.

I've also considered doing the same for other models which would
refute his mental illness point by point. But they would have to be
overwhelmingly obviously convincing to the mind of a twelve year old.
They can't involve algebra, Archie seems to have lost all that long ago.
They can't involve proof, Archie seems to have lost all that long ago.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that people making posts just
telling him that he is wrong and stupid only reinforce Archie's
mental illness, they show him that no one, or almost no one, believes
what he is saying and that reinforces his belief of how special he
imagines himself to be.

If in the first few days of a new novel claim posted by Archie, long
before his dog brain has become invested in the claim, if someone
takes the time to obviously simply prove at the level that a
twelve-year-old can see that there is a mistake then there have been
a number of cases where Archie silently drops that claim, never says
a word about how he was wrong, and moves on to something else.
But once Archie has fully invested his dog brain in a claim then
there seems to be nothing that can change what is left of his mind.

Date Subject Author
10/5/17
Read How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Michael Moroney
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Jan Bielawski
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Dan Christensen
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Jan Bielawski
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Dan Christensen
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Me
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
qbwrfmlx@gmail.com
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Dan Christensen
10/5/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/5/17
Read The butterfly cut, a V cut into conics Re: How we get a Ellipse from
a Conic
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/6/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Michael Moroney
10/6/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Jan Bielawski
10/6/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Jan Bielawski
10/6/17
Read Re: How we get a Ellipse from a Conic, and how we get a Oval from
Cylinder Sections-- knifes that are V and asymmetrical V shaped
Me
10/6/17
Read 1)Gottingen's Dorothea Bahns, Laurent Bartholdi, are you as dumb
stupid and messy about Conics as Franz? Oval is the conic section, never ellipse
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/6/17
Read Re: 1)Gottingen's Dorothea Bahns, Laurent Bartholdi, are you as dumb
stupid and messy about Conics as Franz? Oval is the conic section, never ellipse
bursejan@gmail.com
10/6/17
Read 11) Is Andrew Wiles, John Conway failures of trigonometry like
Burse//sine wave is semicircle Not sinusoidal
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/6/17
Read Re: 11) Is Andrew Wiles, John Conway failures of trigonometry like
Burse//sine wave is semicircle Not sinusoidal
Jan Bielawski
10/7/17
Read Re: 11) Is Andrew Wiles, John Conway failures of trigonometry like Burse//sine wave is semicircle Not sinusoidal
Michael Moroney
10/7/17
Read 4) Harvard's Mark Kisin, Peter Kronheimer, Jacob Lurie as dumb as
Mike Moroney, still teaching a ellipse is a conic when even students know it
is a OVAL
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
10/7/17
Read Re: Archimedes "Always Wrong" Plutonium's descent into madness continues...
Michael Moroney
10/8/17
Read Re: 4) Harvard's Mark Kisin, Peter Kronheimer, Jacob Lurie as dumb as