The Math Forum

Topic: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Replies: 59   Last Post: Nov 15, 2017 12:43 PM

bursejan@gmail.com

Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?

But SUM a_n where a_n is an arbitary infinite sequence
is not a finite description.

Am Mittwoch, 8. November 2017 13:44:58 UTC+1 schrieb WM:
> Am Mittwoch, 8. November 2017 12:58:14 UTC+1 schrieb burs...@gmail.com:
> > Nope, transcendental numbers don't have a finite
> > description.

> "SUM 1/2^n!" is a finite description.
>

> > They are the rest of all real line
>
> > numbers that are not rational numbers or
> > algebraic irrational numbers, and as such they
> >
> > are uncountable.

> All finite descriptions belong to a countable set. Everything beyond is unmathematical nonsense, delusions of unmathematical minds.
>
> Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
11/6/17
Read Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/6/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/8/17
[...]
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/13/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/14/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/14/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
genmailus@gmail.com
11/14/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bursejan@gmail.com
11/14/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bursejan@gmail.com
11/6/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Stephen G. Giannoni
11/6/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/7/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
jsavard@ecn.ab.ca
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Jim Burns
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Jan Burse
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Dan Christensen
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Dan Christensen
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bursejan@gmail.com
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bursejan@gmail.com
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Jan Burse
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Jan Burse
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Tucsondrew@me.com
11/9/17
[...]
11/10/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/10/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Dan Christensen
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Peter Percival
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/15/17