The Math Forum

Topic: I was the first to define a general formula for all area, volume
and hypervolume.

Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 12, 2017 8:19 AM

bursejan@gmail.com

Re: I was the first to define a general formula for all area, volume
and hypervolume.

The arithemtic mean, in the infinite case, is
also an integral. Namely you have:

F(b) - F(a)
AM = -----------, where F(x) = integ f(x) dx
b - a

AM was used by Newton to derive the e^x formula.
AM has a nice property, you can estimate:

AM = f(c) for some c in (b,a)

Which gives further bounds, for example for a montonic
funtion that we have:

f(a) =< AM =< f(b)

But this still no way to get rid of limit or
infinite series.