The Math Forum

Topic: A very simple question to secondary school students?
Replies: 20   Last Post: Nov 16, 2017 2:35 AM

Peter Percival

Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?

bassam king karzeddin wrote:

> 1) How can you approximate the arithmetical cube root of say (10) without using the decimal notation, (.), in any number system, say simply 10base number system?

Here's a nice problem: what is the continued fraction expansion of the
cube root of x for small integers x? An answer will answer your
question, but I know nothing about the matter. It contrasts with what
is the continued fraction expansion of the square root of x about which
a lot is known.

> 2) What ultimately that you must discover about the arithmetical exact cube root of (10) but again without using the decimal notation?
>
> Regards
> Bassam King Karzeddin
> Nov. 08th, 2017

to me what you really mean.

Date Subject Author
11/8/17
Read A very simple question to secondary school students?
bassam king karzeddin
11/8/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/8/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
bassam king karzeddin
11/9/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/9/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
bassam king karzeddin
11/10/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/8/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
bassam king karzeddin
11/9/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
Dan Christensen
11/10/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
Chris M. Thomasson
11/10/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
Peter Percival
11/11/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
bassam king karzeddin
11/11/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/11/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
bassam king karzeddin
11/11/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
Peter Percival
11/12/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
bassam king karzeddin
11/12/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/12/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
bassam king karzeddin
11/15/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
bassam king karzeddin
11/15/17
Read Re: A very simple question to secondary school students?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/16/17