The Math Forum

Topic: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach Add
in Logic is not OR but rather is AND

Replies: 15   Last Post: Nov 18, 2017 1:43 AM

bursejan@gmail.com

Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND

As provocative as a sci.math post might sound, with
a heading "Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept",

it only shows how raving mad AP brain farto is, and
all this because all the conic sections in his kitchen

were oval. Poor AP brain farto no a single line of
math already for 30 years.

Am Freitag, 10. November 2017 15:29:40 UTC+1 schrieb Archimedes Plutonium:
> [...]
>
> To be independent and not derivable by the other three axioms you need a condition of this:
>
> One Table be 4 of the same
> One Table be 3 of the same
> One Table be 2 of the same
> And to get division by 0 in mathematics, one table with a unknown variable.
>
> So, how did Old Logic get it all so wrong so bad? I think the problem was that in the 1800s when Logic was being discovered, is that the best minds of the time were involved in physics, chemistry, biology and looked upon philosophy and logic as second rate and that second rate minds would propose Old Logic. This history would be from Boole 1854 The Laws of Thought, and Jevons textbook of Elementary Lessons on Logic, 1870. Boole started the Old Logic with the help of Jevons and fostered the wrong muddleheaded idea that OR was ADD, when it truly is AND.
>
> Now the way people actually live, is an indicator of how well they thought and how well any of their ideas should be taken seriously. In the case of Boole, he went to class in a downpour rain, why without a raincoat? And reaching class, instead of changing into dry warm clothes, stood for hours in front of students, sopping wet and shivering. Of course he caught pneumonia, but instead of being sensible, common sense that even a fly would have, he insisted his wife give him cold showers and make the bed all wet and freezing. Of course, he would die from this. Now, does anyone today, think that a mind like that has anything to offer Logic or mathematics, is as crazy as what Boole was.
>
> But once you have textbooks about Logic, it is difficult to correct a mistake because of the money making social network wants to make more money, not go around fixing mistakes. So this nightmarish mistakes of the truth tables was not seen by Frege, by Russell, by Whitehead, by Carnap, by Godel, and by 1908 the symbols and terminology of the Old Logic truth tables were so deeply rooted into Logic, that only a Logical minded person could ever rescue Logic.
>
> by Archimedes Plutonium
>
> 3.1 The "and" truth table should be TTTF not what Boole thought TFFF. Only an utter gutter mind of logic would think that in a series of statements, that AND is true when all statements are true, but to the wise person-- he realizes that if just one statement is true, the entire series is true, where we toss aside all the irrelevant and false statements --(much what life itself is-- we pick out the true ones and ignore all the false ones).
> 3.2 The error of "if-then" truth table should be TFUU, not that of TFTT
> 3.3 The error of "not" and "equal", neither unary, but should be binary
> 3.4 The error that Reductio Ad Absurdum is a proof method, when it is merely probability-truth, not guaranteed
> 3.5 The error, the "or" connector is truth table FTTF, not that of TTTF

Date Subject Author
11/10/17
Read Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach Add
in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/10/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
bursejan@gmail.com
11/10/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
Dan Christensen
11/10/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
Jan Bielawski
11/11/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/11/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
Jan Bielawski
11/12/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/12/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
Me
11/13/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
Jan Bielawski
11/13/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
Me
11/17/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
Michael Moroney
11/13/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/13/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
bursejan@gmail.com
11/13/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
bursejan@gmail.com
11/17/17
Read Re: Fire the entire Princeton Univ math dept-- unable to even teach
Add in Logic is not OR but rather is AND
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/18/17