The Math Forum

Topic: **trend function**
Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 11, 2017 8:53 AM

bursejan@gmail.com

**trend function**

Christian Blatter gives like 4 (in words four)
definitions of derivative. You find my dp(x,y,f)
(from the Fateman PDF) also in his script:

Analysis für Mathematiker und Physiker -
See section (7.2) - **trend function** in proof (a)
http://www.math.ethz.ch/~blatter/Analysis_7.pdf

The 3-rd definition is as follows, he says
m(t) is a **trend function**, iff we have:

a) f(t)-f(s) = m(t) (t-s)

b) m(.) is continuous at s

It is then the case that f'(s)=m(s).