The Math Forum

Topic: Ever since I taught Jan Burse about Wolfram Computational Engine...
Replies: 1   Last Post: Nov 11, 2017 8:33 AM

bursejan@gmail.com

Re: Ever since I taught Jan Burse about Wolfram Computational Engine...

Well a rule can come as:

sin(x)/x = "/"
/ \
"sin" x
/

Or as follows:

if(x<2,-x,x) = "if"
/ | \
"<" "-" x
/ \ |
x 2 x

if-then-else is also a rule, like any other operation.
The properties continous or differentiable come later.

You define when a function is continous or differentiable,
you don't assume all functions continous and differentiable.