The Math Forum

Topic: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Replies: 68   Last Post: Dec 11, 2017 1:42 AM

bassam king karzeddin

Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?

On Monday, November 6, 2017 at 12:17:08 PM UTC+3, WM wrote:
> Am Montag, 6. November 2017 08:21:29 UTC+1 schrieb bassam king karzeddin:
> > Why do we really need those real non-constructible numbers, if it is impossible to express them exactly except only by constructible numbers or as meaningless notation in mind only?
>
> Neither does anyone need them nor can anyone use them. At least not in mathematics. The only occupation for such non-existing creatures is matheology.
>
> "how can one assert that something like the continuum exists when there is no way one could even in principle search it, or even worse, search the set of all subsets, to see if there was a set of intermediate cardinality? Faced with these two choices, I choose the first. The only reality we truly comprehend is that of our own experience. But we have a wonderful ability to extrapolate. The laws of the infinite are extrapolations of our experience with the finite." [Paul J. Cohen: "The discovery of forcing", Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics 32,4 (2002) 1099f]
>
> Most of these extrapolations, starting with the use of the bijection as a measure for infinite sets, are absolutely unscientific because
> (1) really scientific results will never depend on "clever choice" of indices, and
> (2) universal quantification over infinite sets shows that every element is followed by infinitely many elements, proving that universal quantification is impossile per se.
>
> Regards, WM

So, continuity doesn't exist because infinity doesn't exist either, and the assumption of existence of continuity was a total brain fart, but an artificial deliberate continuity was adopted by fabricating those (Epsilon-Delta) Distances just for practical needs which aren't truly any mathematics for sure

Regards

BKK

Date Subject Author
11/6/17
Read Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/6/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bursejan@gmail.com
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bursejan@gmail.com
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bursejan@gmail.com
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bursejan@gmail.com
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/13/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/14/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/14/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
genmailus@gmail.com
11/14/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bursejan@gmail.com
11/14/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bursejan@gmail.com
11/6/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Stephen G. Giannoni
11/6/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/7/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
jsavard@ecn.ab.ca
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Jim Burns
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Jan Burse
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Dan Christensen
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Dan Christensen
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bursejan@gmail.com
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bursejan@gmail.com
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Jan Burse
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Jan Burse
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Tucsondrew@me.com
11/9/17
[...]
11/10/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/10/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Dan Christensen
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
wolfgang.mueckenheim@hs-augsburg.de
11/8/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Peter Percival
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/11/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/15/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/15/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
Dan Christensen
11/15/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
11/27/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
11/29/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
rebatchelor2@gmail.com
11/30/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
12/1/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
12/2/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
12/4/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
zelos.malum@gmail.com
12/6/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
12/9/17
Read Re: Why do we need those real non-constructible numbers?
bassam king karzeddin
12/11/17