The Math Forum

Search All of the Math Forum:

Views expressed in these public forums are not endorsed by NCTM or The Math Forum.

Math Forum » Discussions » Math Topics »

Notice: We are no longer accepting new posts, but the forums will continue to be readable.

Topic: Angle1+Angle2=360 degrees -- Relationship Name?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Apr 15, 2003 8:54 PM

Advanced Search

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List Jump to Tree View Jump to Tree View   Messages: [ Previous | Next ]

Posts: 1
Registered: 12/6/04
Angle1+Angle2=360 degrees -- Relationship Name?
Posted: Apr 14, 2003 9:32 PM
  Click to see the message monospaced in plain text Plain Text   Click to reply to this topic Reply

Two angles that sum to a right angle are called complimentary.
Two angles that sum to a line are called supplementary angles.

Is there a name for two angles that sum to a ray (360 degrees) and if
so what are they called?

I'm trying to name a Visual Basic function;
ThreeHundredSixtyDegreesMinusTheAngle() is descriptive but lacks
elegance in my opinion.


Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in this topic.

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

© The Math Forum at NCTM 1994-2018. All Rights Reserved.