Topic: Do we need a full year of Geometry?
Replies: 29   Last Post: Nov 21, 1997 11:13 AM

Michael Keyton

Re: 1 Year of Geometry

One additional comment: if Princeton would reinstitute and administer an
admissions test that addressed the identified skills that Prof. Conway
laments not finding in current students, it could (would) change to a
large degree what goes in high schools today. It possibly would also
develop more of a conegial bond between teacher-student to prepare for
college admissions, rather than the adversarial relationship caused from
using grades as a basis for entrance. It also would standardize the
students entering college, for they would be chosen on the basis of what
they know and are capable of knowing rather than just the latter and how
well they were at achieving grades.

Michael Keyton
St. Mark's School of Texas