The Math Forum

Topic: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics (repost)
Replies: 29   Last Post: Nov 19, 1995 4:46 PM

Andrea Hall

Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics

Steven Means writes:
>In addition, a quiz or test tends to signal to learners what is
>important, and what is not. Composing learning experiencesis >challenging
>indeed.

Is composing learning experiences something we as teachers should do? Do we
have the right to determine for our students what is and is not important?

Date Subject Author
11/3/95
Read Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics (repost)
K. Ann Renninger
11/6/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Problem of the Week
11/6/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Tom Davis
11/7/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Michael Keyton
11/7/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Brian Hutchings
11/9/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Ken Wood
11/9/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Andrea Hall
11/9/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Katie Laird
11/9/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Katie Laird
11/10/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Steve Means
11/10/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Steve Means
11/10/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Andrea Hall
11/10/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Jim LaCasse
11/10/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Steve Means
11/11/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Andrea Hall
11/11/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Steve Means
11/11/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
John Burnette
11/12/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Lou Talman
11/13/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Tarin Bross
11/13/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Katie Laird
11/13/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathemaatics
Steve Means
11/13/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Kristina Lasher
11/14/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
David Weksler
11/14/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Jane Ehrenfeld
11/15/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Andrea Hall
11/16/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert,...
Robin J Healey
11/16/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert,...
Pat Ballew
11/17/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Johnny Hamilton
11/17/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathetics
Steve Means
11/19/95
Read Re: Learning and Mathematics: Papert, mathematics
Tarin Bross