Topic: What's the word?
Replies: 11   Last Post: Aug 3, 1999 3:25 PM

John Conway

Re: What's the word?

On 27 Mar 1996, Brian Hutchings wrote:

> is "remanent" really obsolete in England?... I hadn't noticed that
> it was, in my'hood!... I'd still like to see something
> that's more suggestive, although complement & supplement aren't
> especially "visual"; like, "rotament" or "turnament" or some thing.
>

> "Time is the only dimension." -RBFuller

Well, it's an uncommon word, used mostly in legal situations
(where it's very much alive). Since it means "all that remains
when something is taken away, it's a very good name for the
complement of an angle in 360 degrees.

John Conway