Topic: Hyperbolas in Nature
Replies: 29   Last Post: Mar 24, 2010 6:05 AM

David Masunaga

Re: Hyperbolas in nature

Since Philip Mallinson has not replied yet, I thought I'd share one of the
neatest hyperbola occurrences which he cites, namely, the fact that if
you're carrying a sharpened pencil (hexagonal prism type), you've got SIX
hyperbolas on you. Of course, this should be reminiscent of the lampshade
shadow on the wall.

dave masunaga