Topic: More Math Needed in Science Museums
Replies: 9   Last Post: Mar 2, 1994 4:04 PM

Philip Mallinson

Re: More Math needed in Science Museums

[Originally posted Mon Feb 14 17:37:48 1994]

Jim,
Hello again. You are referring to the IBM exhibit called Mathematica,
indeed designed by the Eames brothers. There was a number of these
exhibits and the only remaining one that I know of is at the science
museum in Boston. The Men of mathematics poster in Boston has been
heavily annotated to include a large number of women. Incidentally, I
just visited the Science museum in Chicago and was grievously
disappointed. The only mention of the word mathematics was in the tiltes
of a tiny number of books in the gift shop, no substantive exhibit om
mathematics.

* MallinPost v1.0 * #UNREGISTERED