Topic: Re: geometry
Replies: 6   Last Post: May 9, 2008 4:13 PM

Yogi

Re: geometry

On 29 Aug 04 13:26:55 -0400 (EDT), desiree wrote:
>does anyone out there know the 1 mathematician that's responsible for
>organizing the geometry that we study today?

As late as the 18th century most people learned geometry directly
from (translations of) Euclid's text.

There have been a lot of changes in geometry since then (add
"continuity" postulates, the development of projective and
non-Euclidean geometry) but elementary geometry texts are still
organized along the lines that Euclid used.