Topic: construction of triangle of given perimeter, given point and angle
Replies: 16   Last Post: Jun 10, 2011 12:58 PM

Michael Keyton

Re: construction of triangle of given perimeter, given point and angle

Eileen, I do not recall having seen any of the NCTM addendum books on
geometry. I do not recall where I learned how, my guess is either from
Johnson or Altschiller Court, or maybe from Aref/Wernick. It is a fairly
common construction, I think of it through homothetic quadrilaterals.

Michael Keyton