Topic: to prove: rays bisecting 3 angles of a triangle meet at a single point
Replies: 6   Last Post: Feb 10, 1999 10:10 AM

Guy F. Brandenburg

Re: center of gravity formula

Imrich Miklosko wrote:

> We have an isosceles triangle with 2 sides equal to 100 cm. We have
> figured out the third side to be equal to 1.7453292. We need to know
> the formula to figure out the center of gravity of this triangle. I
> know how to draw the intersection point of the three angles, now I
> need to find out the distances of the intersection points. ___x___ ___
> \ / | r\ /r | \ / | V \ | --- Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
> in advace.

That's a mighty skinny triangle! The center of gravity is simply the
point where the 3 medians meet. By the way, that point (the centroid) is
also 2/3 of the way from any vertex to the midpoint of the opposite
side. I hope this helps.