Topic: Follow up: Teacher looking for a good geometry textbook
Replies: 3   Last Post: Apr 1, 2002 10:30 AM

Nat Silver

Re: Follow up: Teacher looking for a good geometry textbook

Alan Sagan wrote:

>When I teach I teach Socratically. This means that in class the students
derive
> EVERYTHING themselves with me as their guide. The class doesn't move
> forward unless the students come up with the answers/ideas to my
> questions. So class time is 100% creative/exploratory...
>I graduated summa cum laude from Cornell...

The Moore Method. Shades of Professor David W. Henderson.
He has a book out, not suitable as a text for your purposes, as
you may know. And what about Prof. Connolly? Real live geometers
both. Is your father Carl or Hans?