Topic: Arrrghhh! Help me please!!
Replies: 6   Last Post: Nov 29, 2009 2:16 PM

mary krimmel

Re: Arrrghhh! Help me please!!

CORRECTIONS

In my earlier post I made the egregious mistake of calling atomic numbers
"atomic weights".

(This doesn't change the terms of the sequences that I gave.)

Further, I now know that, as Ed Severn said, brass is an alloy of copper
and zinc (not tin, as I thought).

As a puzzle, this one is not quite up to others, in that there is no term
to compare with brass=? We could just as well add the values for copper
and zinc as multiply them, per Ed's suggestion. Maybe more logically, since
an alloy is more like an addition than a multiplication.

Still puzzling over first and fifth sequence. Someone else will have to
supply the word to follow "stable" in the third. Located? Standing? Found?
Is it a quotation?