Topic: Overlapping circles
Replies: 9   Last Post: Jun 17, 2009 2:06 AM

D & A Klinkenberg

Re: Overlapping circles

Hello W.H.,

The equation I get is: s = sqrt(d^2-c^2)/2 + sqrt(4*d^2-c^2)/2 +
3*d/2. I don't think it is easy to solve for d, so I didn't try. The
square roots are intended to be the distance from the center of the
chord to the center of each circle. My guess is that an equation in
d^8 will result and I don't know whether that can be reduced.

Dan in NY

&&&